MrGordon, I replied to your question to the best of my ability...

1. 27,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    MrGordon,
    I replied to your question to the best of my ability and understanding.

Whereu, perhaps you can answer Jesus' question:
    (Matthew 24:45) “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?

In the light of questions that you raised about my answer (which I responded to), would you please return the courtesy by letting us know your interpretation.

For your reference I have reproduced my answer below.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

I also requested that you explain what you meant by the following comments - could you please do so.

Here is what some former disciples of Jesus said:
    (John 6:60) When they heard this, many of his disciples said: “This speech is shocking; who can listen to it?”
    Contrast that with Peter's response:
    (John 6:67-69) So Jesus said to the Twelve: “You do not want to go also, do you?”  Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life. We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.”

------------------------------------------------------------
    For your reference: my answer to your question.

Whereu, perhaps you can answer Jesus' question:
    (Matthew 24:45) “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?
    New International Version (NIV)

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time?

This version talks about a faithful and wise servant rather than a discrete slave, so I don't know which translation you used.

Jesus' parables were general and applied to everybody, so I assume that the faithful and wise servant applies to all of us.

I read the verses around the single one that you quote and they essentially say that we never know when we will be called upon to account for our actions by the appearance the Lord.

42 “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43 But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44 So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

We all need to behave responsibly towards that which God has assigned to our care:

45 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.