FAR 0.58% 43.0¢ far limited

"does anyone elses interweb on the HC FAR ticker board (to the...

1. pj
    2,090 Posts.
    "does anyone elses interweb on the HC FAR ticker board (to the left of your screen) show an open of 10c, and a close of 10c for a 3% increase. Must be the new age accounting systems I've installed on my new box of 1's and zero's ?"

Hi 383hq,

It's OK it's measured from the day before, ASX close. I'll have to check that again, I think that's working alright. It's the market cap that hasn't been working properly, that's always intended by HC to be from the previous close too, which is what they get from their data providers, but it hasn't been updating reliably - today's number of 350.8 is actually from the Mar 23 close on the chart,

Furthermore, even when it does update, if the share price shifts on the day, the display shows an incorrect number, potentially by a significant amount, unless qualified by the statement "Previous close". Many moons ago, at my suggestion they actually incorporated such a qualification....... but with the software update that included chi-x this qualification disappeared.

Of course it is no use including this qualification if the market cap field doesn't update reliably and HC have been looking at this. Still when it does, skipping the simple previous close qualification and actually performing a simple multiplication correction using the ASX %change field would give the market cap current at the display access time. HC have indicated to me in the past that market cap calculation for some companies may be may be more complicated than that and so would perhaps conflict with the data provider's numbers (thus presumably being an issue with them??). Still, in my opinion it would have to be a lot better than it is now.

Perhaps @Madmin wouldn't mind another jog, I don't want to irritate as I know they very busy and aware of the issues, but 383hq's post just reminded me of the problem again.

pj

HC have been looking
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.0¢
Change
-0.003(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $39.73M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.5¢ 44.0¢ 43.0¢ $58.75K 135.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 182608 43.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.5¢ 2200 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
44.0¢
  Change
-0.003 ( 1.80 %)
Open High Low Volume
43.5¢ 44.0¢ 43.5¢ 44138
Last updated 14.32pm 30/04/2024 ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.