SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Timing of everything - stock oversold!, page-41

1. 1,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    Hi Jack,

No problem, I found your response.

I agree there is some 'value' in the business, although not in the strictest use of the term. Debt/timing are the factors that have left me on the sidelines for now but I agree SGH has the makings of a successful company in the future.

I can echo some of lakota's comments that we are all just putting forward opinions of what we think might happen. I can't say buying shares now at current levels won't prove to be a profitable decision when factoring in potential dilution. I'm just not smart enough to do the calculation and assess risk/reward from the decision so I sit to the side for the moment.

I don't have any firm views of the SP trading lower between now and 1H FY17 results unless there is unexpected news to move it in either direction.

And to be clear to others here, I'm not encouraging anyone to buy or sell. I've clearly made a decision to sell my own shares along with those I encouraged my Dad to buy for himself. Hopefully Brad won't require verification of that but suffice to say, I gave explicit advice to my Dad to buy this stock and he took a small loss similar to me. We were both fortunate to buy GXY on the dip at $0.30 and have recovered our SGH loss and that's why I've been a proponent for diversification previously and can sympathise with comments from others here about objectively looking at your SGH shares and applying the same scrutiny to them as you would any other stock. So if I say I care about people's investment decisions that is where I am coming from. But each to their own. I don't want the responsibility for managing other people's money.

I think I still have the right to express an opinion here (not in response to you Jack) and just because that disagrees with views of the longs doesn't mean I am trying to induce people to sell. That is called a distinction Brad.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.