TLG 1.69% 58.0¢ talga group ltd

TLG - Media, page-15395

1. 1,616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2802
    "The lawyer: Kiruna municipality obliged to release the graphite mine

Published today at 05:30

Kiruna municipality has legal obligations to produce a detailed plan for graphite mining near Vittangi. That's what lawyer Tobias Kluge from the mines' industry organization Svemin says.

On Monday, the political majority in Kiruna will decide to suspend work on a detailed plan for Talga's planned graphite mine in Nunasvaara outside Vittangi.

The political majority with social democrats, left-wing parties, Sami list and Feminist initiative has also written a declaration in which they call the mine "undesirable"."

Here is a translation of what Svemin's lawyer says in the video:

"I react to Kiruna municipality's description of the establishment as unwanted. The EU has actually in several contexts highlighted precisely that project is an important project for Europe's supply. It has graphite which is needed for the automotive industry and for the battery industry in Europe. It is an extremely desirable mine.

According to Tobias Kluge, Kiruna Municipality is violating the Planning and Building Act if one denies a detailed plan in the designated area right now.

The area has been designated as national interest for valuable minerals and minerals. When the municipality draws up detailed plans, national interests must be met. It is not a choice, but an obligation that the municipality has.

Now the mining company Talga has requested a planning submission from the government. How can one predict the continuation of this story?

The municipal planning monopoly can be broken in certain circumstances. For example, if, as in the case, one does not satisfy a national interest. It will be interesting to see how the government handles it in the future."

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/norrbotten/juristen-kiruna-kommun-skyldig-att-slappa-fram-grafitgruvan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
58.0¢
Change
-0.010(1.69%)
Mkt cap ! $220.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
59.0¢ 59.5¢ 57.5¢ $408.8K 699.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5039 58.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
58.5¢ 1315 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
58.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 2.41 %)
Open High Low Volume
59.0¢ 59.5¢ 57.5¢ 295243
Last updated 15.59pm 10/06/2024 ?
TLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.