The fact that we are bickering about statistics, doing our best...

1. 4,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 15
    The fact that we are bickering about statistics, doing our best to differentiate it from the the common cold/flu tells you everything. We are not experiencing a pandemic. Certainly not a deadly one.

if we were truly in the midst of a deadly virus, everyone would be on the same page. None of us would deny the death at our doorstep. It would be an issue that transcends politics. It would unite us all, after all, both sideS truly want to prosper, our political differences just part ways on that path.

Fact is, when we argue about how ‘bad’ a virus is, it’s simply political. If it were truly bad, it wouldn’t be.

Bulk of the deaths have been the elderly. Many in their 80’s and 90’s. Many, due to political incompetence (exhibit A New York).

but even someone in their nineties, that dies from Covid, should not ring alarm bells. Sorry to sound callous, but when you are in your nineties, your life expectancy is measured in days, such are the algorithms backed by inferential population statistical analysis.

that means, that if you are in your nineties, you are likely to die of the next thing you get. Be it a cold, a fall down the stairs or a strong westerly. But even the survival rate of those in their nineties is impressive (can’t be bothered to look it up, I’ll leave that up to you).

the world has been hoodwinked. This one has not been so easy to point the finger as to whom has orchestrated the hoodwinking. Some countries have responded out of fear, others the fear of looking silly (that would include Australia, currently the laughing stock of Europe with vic lockdowns and minuscule deaths), others just opportunistic, politically (US). Some just being dumb, following the herd.

yes, I’m aware I’ll be accused of being a tinfoil hatter. That’s ok. Fact is, if we are arguing about the maths, then it doesn’t stack up. Nobody would argue the maths in a real pandemic.

the devastation this virus will unleash is yet to be seen. We will regret our reaction to this virus.

FYI, before I get attacked for my thoughts, I’ll mention that I’m waiting life changing surgery. Surgery that has been postponed for nearly 6 months so that ICU beds can remain empty in case we have flood of covid cases. This has never materialised, and now I face an uncertain future as NSW appears to be freaking out like Vic, over a cold.

If you managed to get to the bottom of this rant, we’ll done. Have a good night all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.