TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

guess i am guilty of of not reading up sufficient previous...

1. 2,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    guess i am guilty of of not reading up sufficient previous announcements.......... all of the above information has been around for a few months now but with lot more detail than than is on this thread .ie its current strategies and strategies into the future ......the market has had plenty of time to digest this information and make up its own mind ............tassal actually withdrew its tender to coles for the financial year 2017 for strategic reasons explained below, but its current contract continues until end of june...................i will post  a copy of just one announcement which i believe gives a great deal of confidence in its ability to to continue its earning growth pattern.......

7 April 2016
    The Manager Listings
    ASX Market Announcements
    Australian Securities Exchange
    Level 4, Exchange Centre
    20 Bridge Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Via e-lodgement
    Tassal rebalances sales channels to optimise returns
    Tassal Group Limited (ASX: TGR) today announced that in line with its strategy to rebalance
    sales channels and optimise returns, it has decided to withdraw its tenders for two domestic
    retail supply contracts – Coles’ fresh Salmon Deli business and fresh Salmon to Simplot for
    supply of packaged Salmon to Coles. The supply contracts for Coles fresh Salmon and Simplot
    will finish on 4 June 2016 and 30 June 2016, respectively.
    This decision was taken to ensure Tassal continues to generate sustainable returns moving
    forward in light of warmer water impacting growing conditions for near term supply. As Tassal
    is rebalancing its sales channels to maintain sustainable returns, this decision is not expected to
    impact revenues and earnings going forward.
    Tassal has had a long and enduring relationship with Coles. This relationship is not expected to
    change, and Tassal will continue to supply a wide range of other Salmon and Seafood products
    to Coles.
    The domestic wholesale salmon market has had, and continues to have, supply restrictions and
    increased pricing to ensure impacts from a warm summer can be mitigated. This provides
    Tassal with the opportunity to redirect salmon production into other domestic markets to
    optimise returns following completion of the above contracts.
    The export market continues to present favourable conditions given supply shortages globally
    that are expected to continue for the next two years, with increased pricing and a low Australian
    dollar. Tassal will continue to utilise the export market to balance sales volumes in line with
    optimising shareholder returns.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.