Trump V Clinton...my view

1. 2,990 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 117
    Boring, watched 2/3rds, Hillary better debater. Stll believe with Clinton the world is screwed. With Trump, only probably screwed. But only chance of redemption.

Having said Clinton better debater, reminded me of an event in 1990. For you younger folk out there, in 1989 we had a pilot's strike that lasted several months. I picked up a State manager of a national company going for his (now) quarterly company meeting. (Ive been a long time cabbie. 40+y till recent retirement).

Anyway I asked how they got on during the strike with there meetings. His reply surprised me.

He said they used to have monthly meetings of all the State managers, but obviously during the strike they had to make do written correspondence including emails. He stated that the company improved at this time due to more acceptance of better ideas. During meetings the best debater got his way even if the ideas wern't great, but with emails etc, people had a chance to digest and focus on the ideas and arrangements, rather than how well each ideas were expressed in person, and the company showed marked improvements. So much so that when the strikes stopped meetings were only four/ yr rather than the original 12.

Worth remembering

kg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.