Well if you have a "irrational Senate", and legislation to...

1. 6,113 Posts.
    Well if you have a "irrational Senate", and legislation to improve the economy of Australia cannot be passed, what do you suggest??

I am not warming to a election(normal), I am warming to the Senate voting legislation to be changed, then a Double Dissolution!
    This will clean out the "rats that are eating the cheese" in the Senate cross bench, and may clean out a few of the major parties well.
    And I do not see how we can guarantee that the replacements are much better, but they will probably represent more of the major parties.(Not ad hoc politics)
    I may have been asleep, but I remember the Coalition saying that Tony Abbott had lost the majority support!
    etc...
    (CNN)Seven months after surviving a no-confidence vote, Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott was toppled Monday in a leadership challenge from his popular former communications minister.
    Malcolm Turnbull won the Liberal Party room vote 54-44 in Canberra, hours after declaring his leadership bid.
    A former lawyer turned businessman, Turnbull told a late-night press briefing that his new government would be "thoroughly consultative."

What happened to an Australian "fair go"? Anyway, why blame Turnbull as the media did the damage??

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.