MGT 1.41% 36.0¢ magnetite mines limited.

Understanding the demand for Green Steel, page-13

1. 396 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 313
    Happy to be corrected, however my understanding is the higher the impurity’s the greater the costs to remove them. Being either additional hydrogen or power depending on the furnace. Also the electric arc furnace would likely require greater cleaning of the arc lances from slag build up etc. Gets to the point of where they way up feeding more combustibles into the furnace or cleaner raw materials & I also believe there is a limit to how high the impurity’s can be for these furnaces.
    From memory high silica level requires ammonia to counteract.

The way the world is going the social pressure which will be shortly followed by political pressure (from those wanting to keep their cushy jobs) will at least make companies to be seen doing the right thing which will mean no half measures.

If China is already locking executives up for braking their current standards & the EU & USA have already broached the subject of penalties based on quality/emissions etc it won’t be long before the rest of the world follows suit.

Then after all of this it will come down to the consumers (all of us) because if they/we refuse to purchase products made from inferior “ingredients” companies won’t have a choice yes it will likely cost more however how much does it cost future generations if we don’t?

I’ll happily state that I’m not sure how much people are contributing to climate change & how much is the planets cycle (yes there is definitely increases since the Industrial Age), however we definitely can be doing better and reducing what effects we do cause.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
36.0¢
Change
0.005(1.41%)
Mkt cap ! $34.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.5¢ 36.0¢ 35.5¢ $51.56K 144.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 62858 35.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 3802 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.51pm 22/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
36.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.63 %)
Open High Low Volume
35.5¢ 36.0¢ 35.0¢ 20265
Last updated 14.05pm 22/05/2024 ?
MGT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.