UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

Unilife and Flextronics

1. 5,539 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2691
    Call me stupid. Seriously. Thick as two short planks. The spatial equivalent of a black hole. Dense. Unenlightened to the point of vacuity.

So here we have Unilife teaming with Flextronics, a global powerhouse in supply chain management, to help deliver Unilife products to market in a faster more cost- effective manner.....and what do we get?

Negativity.

I'm all for robust objective critical analysis. but for the past goodness knows how long we've had nothing but complaint right across the board concerning Unilife's position as regards production capacity, production ramp-up, sales, revenue, earnings and.....God forbid, break-even/profitability.

So what do they do? Deliver a solution.

Not just any solution, and not the entire solution, but an elegant, cost-effective solution nonetheless.

"By increasing speed to market and driving competitive positioning for customers, Flextronics solves customers’ most challenging problems better, faster and more cost effectively than any other company. Customers are supported with unprecedented speed in product ramp-up, delivery, and the ability to manage volume regardless of complexity or product mix. Flextronics is the market leader in almost every business in which it operates.

"Flextronics Medical helps customers become more competitive by bringing innovative products to market faster and at lower cost through world-class integrated design, manufacturing, distribution and service. Our turnkey services offer medical customers a competitive advantage in a constantly evolving marketplace where speed, innovation and agility are critical."

Sounds like a match made in heaven to me, but what would I know? Why Unilife would want to work with such an outfit is beyond me. As for why Flextronics would want to team with Unilife I shall leave to more perceptive intellects than mine to figure out.

Maybe the answer lies somewhere in here:

http://www.flextronics.com/Documents/Case Studies/Med InsuletCaseStudy_05202013a.pdf

Funny that Insulet comes up twice in as many days.

As for me, well, I would rather have products coming to market sooner rather than later. I would rather Unilife deploys our capital in the most effective way possible. I would rather Unilife deliver earnings and revenue sooner rather than later. I would rather have a globally known, respected and trusted leader assisting in delivery of those products and sharing in that revenue, than wait years longer to get the same products to market while competitors play catch-up. I would rather have a solution put in place to meet ramp-up in customer/market demand because the customers want Unilife product sooner rather than later, than not. I would rather be in partnership with a global supply-chain management provider who already has relationships with many of our existing, and potential, clients than not. I would rather have a solution than minimises shareholder dilution than have to go to market at current prices to raise the capital to re-invent the wheel, when the wheel already exists and can be got turning a damn sight faster than if we went it alone.

I would rather all of the above and more, which is what Flextronics delivers.

But that's just me.

Stupid

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.