UNS 0.00% 0.5¢ unilife corporation

I have been meaning to do this for a while but I reckon better...

1. 29 Posts.
    I have been meaning to do this for a while but I reckon better late than never.
    I have been on the HotCopper site for about a month and follow UNS (UNIS) exclusively, so I cannot comment on what happens on the other stocks. However, I can on UNS. Many of you follow Seeking Alpha where the comments are based upon the article written by a contributor, I reckon if I had the time I would be one, although my wisdom is more strategy based rather than particular stock based. I have learned from the school of hard knocks. I went to the school where they taught you how to make a million dollars in the stock market. They said start with $10 million. I followed that strategy really well and earned an A+ rating. I am a finance guy and thought I was smart, well it turned out I wasn't as smart as I thought I was. That forced me to understand risk management and how to do things differently. You see I am a risk taker and invested on margin and didn't realize the risks involved when the market turns violently against you. The kind that happened in 2009 and again last month in the US and I believe both corrections were worldwide.
    Why am I telling you all this? Good question. Well one of the things I learned was you have to do your own due diligence. you must understand why you invest in a particular company and then not allow other investors dictate your actions. UNS is one of those stocks that can easily be manipulated particularly as many of the investors bought on hearsay and not on analysis, hence a tendency to sell as soon as it turns positive or breakeven. UNS will continue to frustrate investors as this is a long term play and many investors are in this stock for a quick buck. My advice to these investors is if you can't be patient don't buy this stock. We don't know when this will happen but one day this stock will be worth 10X what it is worth today and that is why I have increased my bet on UNS by about a 100% in the last 3 months as I believe UNS is a unique opportunity based purely on potential and results. But, one of the lessons I learned after failing so badly is: to make money you have to buy when everyone else is selling but only after you have done your due diligence. The only risk UNS had was running out of cash, I no longer believe that is a valid risk as the number of signed contracts will enable them to find somebody who will lend them money; the only question will be the interest rate, i.e. cost
    AS got a bad rap in Forbes a long time ago, I haven't had a chance to verify if the prior rap was valid the new one certainly was not, but once your reputation is damaged you have to prove yourself over and over again until the market starts believing that you are the real deal and slip ups like restating results means you go back to square one. I think that is the reason UNS is struggling to maintain its momentum give the incredible results it has accomplished. As AS said each of the deals UNS has signed could be a separate company based upon the potential. We are looking at a $1 billion + company if a few years with margins at 40%. By then most of the development and sales expenses would already have been expensed so the net margin will be pretty healthy. The trouble is since many of the sales are dependent upon the drugs being approved by the FDA one cannot be sure exactly when the revenues and profits will be realized. Much like nobody could accurately predict what the iphone 6 sales would be like until after the product was released. Fortunately for Apple they had an iphone 5 but if you go further back you will realize that AAPL nearly went bankrupt waiting for its first real hit. UNS is in the early days of AAPL, technically its product is still in development, so if you can't be patient then this is not the stock for you.
    So why am I taking the time to add my thoughts on a foreign site? Because, I find HotCopper to be one of the better sites where real information is being disseminated. Australia deserves a huge thank you for leading real discussions that are monitored, unlike yahoo message boards which used to be a good site to obtain information but now has become a crap shoot. This can only happen when knowledgeable individuals contribute unselfishly to the discussion with facts and summaries of findings, and I find many of the contributors on the UNS threads are doing just that.
    I want to add my thanks to all the wonderful and thoughtful contributors on the UNS threads, this includes those detractors who back up their negativity with facts. It is the latter group that keeps us honest and forces us to be sure of our convictions based upon analysis instead of just hope.
    My apologies I wasn't planning of being so verbose but I thought giving you all some background would be helpful.
    As usual just my 2 cents

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.