AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

If they do drop that much HH I'm sitting there waiting in the...

1. 10,589 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6068
    If they do drop that much HH I'm sitting there waiting in the queue
    Personally I doubt they will but the in the event they do the silver lining will be the cheap shares. I know I am not alone. Also I wouldn't expect them to stay there very long. One could just as easily write "if you wait a few weeks you might be able to pick them up for 15c" and that is not a price prediction, just making the point they could very easily go up over April rather than down. Sooner or later "imminent" is going to change to "completed".

All this talk about "missed deadlines" above is a very distorted view, a bit of truth but far from a clear view of the situation. The company has had expectations that haven't always eventuated on the expected schedule but to date, every single thing they have said they will do, they have done or it is still in process. I understand that the time it has taken is longer than expected for many, including the board no doubt, but we are still closing in on finalising a loan package and commencing construction. If we weren't they would be required by law to announce to the market so it is a very safe assumption that all is still in progress. They still have a stated target of production by years end. A target that I believe they will achieve. The board would be castigated by many of the posters here on HC if they didn't communicate a timeline but if the torturous path of getting through 3 levels of parallel bureaucracy in Brazil isn't enough of a challenge, they also have to maintain healthy corporate governance in an environment that spawned the Petrobras scandal and now need to negotiate the pothole filled terrain that style of doing business created.

In the myopic world of watching HC and the minute by minute fluctuations of the share price I suspect some in here lose their objectivity. For example, the claim that "none of our directors have ever worked at this level of company creation before" is simply erroneous. Maybe more research rather than criticism is warranted?

It might also be beneficial to do a comparative analysis of industry peers and how they are progressing? The whole commodities complex has been under pressure yet we have held what I would describe as a reasonable price level given the macro. I won't pick on DML, HCH or TGS but many will know what I mean.

PR, yes I also would like to see more, or rather personally I'd like to see more info targeted at the existing owners of AVB. e.g. Extensive resumes on each director available on the website, multimedia based data on each potential mine site etc...descriptions of the bureaucratic system in Brazil as a backgrounder (though anyone can google it), etc. etc. In the meantime AVB's PR is almost exclusively HC and day after day we see owners of the company bagging them! It's not the content of some of these critiques I find naive (some of the issues are worth discussing with the board) but the attitude that goes into framing that conversation in here is some what lacking! They know a lot more than we do about each and everyone of the issues and while seeking clarification might be worthwhile, seeking to tell them they don't know how to do their job from our armchairs is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Kalenn: 28/03/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.