URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

Uranium as a fuel for clean energy is an emotive subject - and...

1. 2,863 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Uranium as a fuel for clean energy is an emotive subject - and rightly so.

My own research in the sector had led me to the conclusion that the time to invest in the sector is probably now.

It is a speculative play within a speculative sector, the commodity space. With that though comes the possibility of massive returns.

The sector has been obliterated, in terms of sector market capatilisation we are talking less than a 1/10th compared to 10 years ago.

Now people will say Uranium is abundant in the earth, this is indeed true, this is fact. But to the best of my knowledge there is no resource that takes as long from discovery to production than Uranium. We are talking 7-9 years. What is Lithium, 4 years?

Then consider political risk... election cycles are typically 4 years, now re-read my first sentence...

An anti-nuclear stance is an easy headline grabber for an opposition party stretching for populous consensus. So our 7-9 years for first yellow cake delivery becomes even more precarious.

Nuclear energy was immature in the 70's.

In the 20's it will hopefully reach maturity, even if it is the end of an era. As energy storage matures as a technology future generations may well see nuclear energy becoming redundant mid century.

But those time frames interest me little.

I think the time is now. I have done my homework the last few months, if there is interest in the U3O8 space I am happy to share...

Last edited by skara: 12/06/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URANIUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.