GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

@Rleonars I still haven't figured out the "paradox" between a...

1. 7,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    @Rleonars
    I still haven't figured out the "paradox" between a tumbling USD , which causes US denominated commodities, such as gold ((oil), others), to rise , which is what we have been seeing, and the falling AUD (which makes ASX gold miners able to sell their product at a higher AUD price, and hence very widely watched - but the conventional wisdom...is rarely wise).
    We can't have it both ways! My own feeling is that the USD POG - even if based on a falling USD (and so, a rising AUD) is paramount, and subsumes the impact of a falling AUD.
    What is your view? I think those of us on this Forum - including me - need to get this straight...and I am still...confused by this paradox, but my view is as expressed above.
    Having said that, it's also true that it's much easier for POGAUD to break all-time records with a falling dollar...much easier to break AUD 1,800 when dividing USDPOG by 0.7 than by 0.8, or 0.9, or 1, or 1.1
    i.e. USD 1,300 = AUD 1,805 when AUD =0.72c. But what is the real driver here?
    Thanks
    George

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.