Vaccine fail? All eyes on Michigan., page-100

1. 5,523 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    How the Anti-Vaxx CULT distorts data to LIE about their dogma

Some are using a doctor's miscarriage to claim the COVID-19 vaccine affects pregnancy — but the doctor lost her baby before getting the shot
    A Facebook post allegedly claimed the coronavirus vaccine caused an OB-GYN's miscarriage. But the doctor suffered the loss before receiving the vaccine, according to her Instagram posts.Based on how it's made and data so far, scientists say it's likely the vaccine is safe in pregnancy.

When Dr. Michelle Rockwell woke up Sunday morning, just a couple months after suffering a pregnancy loss, she said she saw her photos plastered on social media claiming her miscarriage was caused by a COVID-19 vaccine.

Rockwell screenshotted the circulating post, which no longer appears to be visible.

Previously, Rockwell, an OB-GYN in Tulsa, had posted about her pregnancy loss on her account, @DoctorMommyMD, which has more than 26,000 followers. Separately, she had posted about her vaccination.

But the anti-vaxx post baselessly linked the two, despite the fact that Rockwell suffered the miscarriage before she received the vaccine, she wrote in a post Monday addressing the incident and misinformation on the internet more generally.

"How soulless and predatory of someone to take someone's heartbreak and modify it to further their own agenda," she said. "Misinformation is spread so quickly because people don't pause and think before hitting the share button."

Insider talked to doctors about why the coronavirus vaccine is unlikely to raise the risk of miscarriage or other complications during pregnancy.

Rockwell posted about her miscarriage December 1 and her vaccine December 21

"We lost our sweet baby," Rockwell, who has two kids, wrote on Instagram December 1. On December 21, she posted a selfie while getting the coronavirus vaccine. Rockwell posted again about her miscarriage on January 14, sharing a picture from before she underwent a D&C, a procedure to remove the pregnancy tissue.

"After she was gone, little baby clothes I excitedly bought still showed up to the house," Rockwell wrote January 14. "I quietly packed them away. My heart is still so broken, but I found a strength in me I didn't know existed."

Based on the way it works, the vaccine is believed to be safe in pregnant people

Researchers are still collecting data on the potential risks of the vaccine to pregnant people, though healthcare and public health professionals expect that they're low.

"Based on how the COVID vaccine works, there should be very little risk to a developing baby," pediatrician and neonatologist Dr. Jessica Madden, who's also the medical director of Aeroflow Breastpumps, previously told Insider. That's because, like the flu vaccine, the coronavirus vaccines do not contain live virus.

"The mRNA in the vaccine acts locally, in the muscle cells surrounding the injection site," she said. "It cannot enter into cells' nucleus, thus it has no effect on DNA." It also doesn't enter into the placenta or otherwise directly interact with the fetus.

"There is no vertical transmission," or transmission between mom and baby, of the virus or the vaccine, OB-GYN Dr. Jessica Shepherd told Insider.

https://www.*.com/coronavirus-vaccine-does-not-cause-miscarriage-pregnancy-loss-evidence-2021-2?r=AU&IR=T

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.