AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Hi, I am with Kalenn. I think there is nothing sinister at play...

1. 323 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Hi,

I am with Kalenn. I think there is nothing sinister at play here. Volumes have been tiny for a company with such a large number of shares on issue and nothing like one would see if this was some sort of play by major share share holders. I personally think it is a knee jerk reaction to copper price weakness and rising copper stocks.

I am a retired geologist and I see it this way. To find a copper elephant you look for a big green hill with lots of quartz and iron oxides (which is why they have positive relief) and when you walk over you see people have been digging holes in it for a couple of thousand years.They are very obvious if exposed.

Copper is a very rare metal in the earths crush unlike nickel, iron, aluminum, etc..The bulk of the world copper is epithermal involving hydrothermal leaching of massive amounts of rock in the geosynclinal process to be concentrated as hydrothermal solutions rise and precipitate copper at the appropriate point in the dropping pressure / temperature gradient as solutions approach a paleo surface.

The exposed elephants have largely been found and most are approaching maximum open pit depth and looking at block stoping in deeps of 1km plus. The place to look is at depth blind as RIO has in Mongolia and BHP at Olympic Dam. Sure you will find near surface deposits but in general they will be small or at significantly lower grades that is considered economic today.

It is my view that is inevitable in the foreseeable future demand and mining costs will drive the price of copper significantly higher. The longer we see depressed copper price the higher it will ultimately rise. BHP and RIO are not silly focusing on copper.

So I say hang in there. I have been buying on the way down and will continue to do that if they move into the 4's.

Personally I like TAS. I think their Vulcan Project has the potential to be a massive resource.

Best of luck with the shares and the crystal balls.

Tasidevil

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.