Neo, appreciate the comments and the logic is natural....

1. 10,404 Posts.
    Neo, appreciate the comments and the logic is natural.

Personally my trading platform won't let me trade ETNs. I would prefer the VXX over the VIXY but I'm unable to trade so use VIXY as a close proxy.

Analysis will say almost anything. I have been reading and listening to conflicting arguments as to where (name a market) is going or going to do. They can't all be right.

By having a holding of VIXY I'm ensuring coverage of a quick market movement down and should there be no pullback this year the index will move within tolerance levels I'm happy to put up with. I also have a small shorts on the SPX and IUXX.

My analysis tells me there will be sharp market movements ahead but SPXU only gave me an advantage at a 5% margin. I don't need it now.

As for competing against the QUANTS, let them have it.

The markets are stretched to a point of imbalance where at some point they will start to rebalance. That may be some time away off but setting strategies and analysing market movements plus setting trades ahead (like as above) is looking perhaps a few years ahead.

Only heaven knows what will be left after the rebalance. Plenty of disillusioned investors I guess.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.