VMT 12.5% 18.0¢ vmoto limited

Yes, very interesting. I am guessing the parts will still come...

1. 193 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 58
    Yes, very interesting. I am guessing the parts will still come from our Nanjing factory though?
    I am also wondering how much will this additional jv in Thailand cost and will it be financed by way of capital raising (hope NOT)?
    I see the apparent logic of saving ~20% on taxes and pass on that saving to the consumer, all good if the subsidies continue for years and years and years.
    But taxes on ice vehicles are the backbone of Governments financing and they cannot afford to loose that revenue, particularly now. As EVs replace ice that tax inflow will start to decrease creating a shortfall. So it is not in the Governments' interest to give subsidies away to push EVs because doing that will reduce their ICE revenues; just like banning cigarettes, they are now allowing the even worse vaping to be sold to replace lost taxes from cigarettes. All this to say that I do not rely on forever subsidies for EV, they will be cut sooner rather than later.
    If VMT establishes this Thai JV to serve SEA, a Brazilian JV to serve LATAM and indonesia is covered by CHARGED, part (two models only) of Malaysia is served by the Malaysian deal, then the 300k unit capacity of Nanjing will be available for Europe only? China maybe?
    What I am trying to understand is, whats going to be the catalyst, for Europe, that will see sales of B2C jump from (guessing) 5000 a year to 250k in a matter of 2 or 3 years max? I dont believe having these same models will be enough. In my view the jump can only happen if, by then, VMT will have models for sale that are much more powerful (mainly in terms of range and charging time) that would seriously compete, or perhaps be even better than, a good chunk of the ICE bikes market.
    125cc equivalent are only appealing to teenagers and learners, motorbike enthusiasts will only consider bikes models that are 500cc or more, maybe for commuting 300cc as well.
    right now the only products that are competitive in VMTs arsenal are the scooters (mainly CPX pro) which is also the only product that actually sells.
    It is necessary for VMT to start articulating their business strategy and plans a little more clearly for us to be able to appreciate their work.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.020(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $72.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 18.0¢ 16.0¢ $49.70K 290.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13000 16.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
18.0¢
  Change
0.020 ( 16.1 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.0¢ 18.0¢ 16.0¢ 23440
Last updated 15.53pm 24/05/2024 ?
VMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.