AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

The VOR move is interesting as AVB and Luis already have shares...

1. 1,030 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 183
    The VOR move is interesting as AVB and Luis already have shares in VOR. There is some master strategy operating here and likely it would take someone with years of experience to see what they are trying to do. A company with no cash accumulating Carajas landholdings.? .. anyway...

A few things came out of the comprehensive AVB Quarterly.

I noticed a very strong emphasis throughout the report on the benefits for Brazil. Going back over it, here are the obvious ones I have extracted..

1. 250tph 2 stage crushing circuit. Brazilian supplier.
    2. Avanco to engage a reputable Brazilian consultant to review work of CSA Global.
    3. Study of labour application through shift planning... local employment planned.
    4. Lease and/or purchase of mining fleet... implies more cash into Brazilian economy.
    5. The Brazilian Banco will make a profit from financing the deal.
    6. Employment of key Brazilian staff such as a Brazilian CFO are (contingent on Mining Licence) planned, as well as Office rentals.
    7. ONIX Engenharia of Belo Horizonte, Brazil was engaged to develop the Basic and Detailed Engineering associated with the Plant and Infrastructure. A Brazilian company.
    8. Millions into the local economy with the Civil and Mechanical works associated with Mine Construction and pre-strip.
    9. Detailed engineering design for the Tailings Dam has already been awarded to another local Brazilian group ALB and GeoHydroTech Engenharia

Then there are the obvious if not directly mentioned ones as well... copper concentrate to Brazilian smelter, purchase of electricity from Brazilian supplier, royalty payments to government, payment to local landowner, and likely a heap of other sneaky ongoing fees and extorted charges for federal and local authorities. Plus income taxes.

It was a great Quarterly Report. It was about Avanco, sure.

But when I finished reading it, I felt it was also so very much about Brazil too!!! The benefits for Brazil were featured throughout.

Also it was made clear I feel, that further exploration is held up for the Finance approval which in turn is held up for the Licence. As diamond drilling is a great way to run down cash, I can almost hear TP say... "conserve every cent until all this actually happens, and only then go exploring."

The Report (to me) spoke loudly and said "look at all these wonderful cash-generating and employment opportunities for Brazil. Millions in benefits for Brazil, ready to go."

And... by clear inferrence.. all this is being held up by Brazil itself.

It is a shame really that petty government bureaucrats can hold things up when all hurdles and obstacles have been overcome by AVB. I guess they need to demonstrate their power and authority... that people need to wait on them because they are so important. Wrong. It is the people of Brazil who are important, not miserable, selfish and small-minded officials. All the benefits flowing from AN and the expansion of economic activity to exploration and PB, on to the people of Brazil must be expedited. If a few foreign AVB shareholders are frustrated and delayed in mining, who cares.... but truly it is Brazil and its people who pay the real price of insidious delay... and not Avanco.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.