Deistic universe or a theistic universe? Deism is somewhat...

1. RM
    7,396 Posts.
    Deistic universe or a theistic universe? Deism is somewhat laissez faire or is the evidence it is a theistic universe one which contains a God who is engaged with creation albeit in a fallen state.

Man is not theocentric waffle it grates against his natural state, man is anthropocentric. It requires the intervention of God to overcome his fallen nature.

Jesus the Bread of Life…
    43“Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus replied. 44“No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Man's fall was antecedent to the fall of far greater and more power creatures than humanity. Although we may be far lesser a creature God cloaked in the weakness of humanity came into his creation and redeemed it. The cost was so great that none of the host of heaven knew the price that God was willing to pay for his creation He payed the debt of sin owed to Him on His own ledger with his own blood. No one can pay the debt of sin owed to God but God himself.

28 Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock that the Holy Spirit has appointed you to as overseers, to shepherd the church of God, which He purchased with His own blood.

In 1st Peter angels marvel at redemption and the Wisdom of God, in our finite creation the revelation of God's grace by the coming of Jesus not only provided salvation for man it also demonstrated the love of God for those who reside in heaven.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.