Hello young lady :) Social media - a new source of information...

1. 2,392 Posts.
    Hello young lady

Social media - a new source of information for many. So many peeps seem to rely on this. Scary to an old fart like me.

In other related news: the Russia probe in the US now reveals that hundreds of Russian agents are alleged to have created false social media accounts/sites to deliberately spread bogus news in the lead up to the 2016 election.

In other related news: the weird and wonderful world of crypto currencies, which seems to be mainly frequented by First World, male, Millennials who believe in conspiracy theories, hate established forms of government and banking, and seem ready to believe all sorts of scheisters who are promoting Ponzi schemes on social media.

I don't see this changing, Shelby. To me, social media has given all the lunatics a voice (for the first time in human history) and the amount of junk/lies which are promulgated now are at record highs. Also, the amount of noise illustrates, perhaps for the very first time, just how stupid (and not just naive) so many of us so-called smart First World people are.

Yep, I'm glad that retirement is looming for me. I am not an optimist. All the best

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.