A very close relative of mine shopped around GPs until he...

1. 6,212 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 365
    A very close relative of mine shopped around GPs until he eventually got one to write a report that he was unable to sustain employment due their condition. They were too young at the time & now 20 years down the track of no work routine......hence no skill...hence no employment history.....hence total loss of social skills.....now sentenced to the remainder of life without gainful employment. The Disability Pension (including rental subsidy) is a whopping $904 per fortnight !!!!! Then build in free ambo & health care card....the myriad of discounts on everything from utilities, rego, medicine, transport & the list goes on & on.......My wife taught for 37 years (some part time & 6 years at home with the kids) Her pension is $810 per fortnight & she pays FULL price for EVERYTHING.......God help us...this country is screwed ! Every refugee that Rudd & Gillard allowed to come in & wipe their feet on the welcome mat.....will draw welfare support (the majority I'm guessing).........throw in all the other schemes that disguise the fact that probably more than 25% of our adult population (some /most) are probably able bodied and able to contribute something.....I wonder why our Welfare budget eclipses amounts spent on Education, Infrastructure & Defence ?????????? Isn't it possible for recipients who are physically capable to clean public areas or erase graffiti or spruce up other places ? End of rant...but something's gotta give because it is unsustainable whatever side of the political fence you sit on !

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.