AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

Well put Kalenn. It was the one sour moment from last year's AGM...

1. 234 Posts.
    Well put Kalenn. It was the one sour moment from last year's AGM and at the time, I couldn't fathom the arrogance. I concur with Cheetah who was also in attendance that it has been the one last nagging doubt in the back of my mind about AVB being able to make it to mid tier copper producer - could/would AVB reach its full potential or only get so far with MW acting as non exec Chair. Today removed that doubt.

I knew, and so did the market, who was doing the day to day work and the quality of those people and for months, I was hoping that a person with the skills and capabilities of Colin Jones would be appointed as Chair to work hand in hand with his long term colleague Tony Polglase. Then this morning, it happened. Fantastic news. Final risk removed in my mind and now onwards to Belo for a mining licence announcement shortly I hope. Kalenn has nailed it with this " 45million votes last time, 200 million this time and we could have some big friends." Read between the lines. A LOT has changed since Appian and Blackrock took 'their' positions. That aside, Colin Jones' pedigree is exceptional. Have another read through the announcement this morning and see why he was appointed Chair and the language used in the release - his relationships and experience dealing with the mining majors, is expected to enhance local relationships as the Company engages with Brazilian stakeholders and financial institutions. This is no cowboy! Colin Jones is a serious mining professional.

I'm sure he is the mining statesman we are looking for to be Chair of a potential ASX mid tier copper producer.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.