hi Bob, I actually would steer away from manufacture - at least...

1. 81,157 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    hi Bob,

I actually would steer away from manufacture - at least initially. I would concentrate on technology and innovation.

That is where the future lies - the whole country could be turned into an innovation centre - certainly at least one State.

innovation and development are where the bucks are - sure there is profit in manufacturing - but, with the speed that things change at these days - manufacturers have to change things as innovations change - rapidly.

So, IMO - go for innovation and development -- let others do the manufacturing.

We could do this - but, we would basically have to go pretty much the pole opposite to where we are going right now.

We would have to form FTZ's - we would/should push push push education - use every inducement known to get our people highly educated - in sciences/robotics/chemistry/technologies -------

and, then - let the participants in the FTZ's soak them up. Help the funding - boost the hell out of it and get the rewards in royalties, licences etc.

What it requires is guts, political will and vision - someone needs to stand up with the ideas and take the country with them.

The thing that pees me off is - the resources for that are here already --------------- I use Tasmania as an example because people say - everyone is on the dole there anyway -

OK - if the country believes that - put their money where their mouth is ------------ they are saying Tassie doesn't pay tax ----------------- so ----------- turn the entire state into a FTZ.

after all, by the argument - you can't lose any money - they are on the dole and don't pay tax anyway.

Also - Tassie just spent 1 Billion on an irrigation scheme - which would provide 150 jobs -

150 jobs????????????

How many jobs would 1 billion bucks create if you put it into technological development?

Would you guess less or more than 150 Jobs?

Would you guess if you made Tassie a FTZ and all workers tax free or very low tax - say 5% - and chucked in 1 billion bucks - that you would have a viable and profitable technological innovation business?

Would you guess you would get some spin off business out of it? Building, accommodation, food, travel, tourism, all those little ancillary businesses - like stationary - tech. sales like phones, computers and all the maintenance that goes with it?

And, for the cost above what you already have of ----------------- NOTHING.

This could have been done 40 years ago.

But, no - and, it still isn't.

All that happens is everyone sits on their butt and says - oh, look at that, what a basket case - whilst the nation continues to tie up the majority of it's capital in houses in Sydney and Melbourne ------------- capital locked away - totally unusable.

Interesting mob - Aussies.

have a great day

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.