this is what the plaque says that sits on the Statue of Liberty --

"Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!"
    cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your
    poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

—Emma Lazarus, 1883

Isn't that a wonderful thing to run a nation by - to live up to that would make you an amazing society.

Only trouble is ------------

it's complete and utter BS ------ it's the biggest  pile of BS one could ever step into.

Here's one example of a fine man who did the 'right' thing and how America and the American system treated him.

Thankfully, there are some Americans who have a heart - people who survive even though living in the rotting corpse of all America said it stood for.

"Damus, a Haitian ethics professor who had come to the California-Mexico border in the fall of 2016 to seek asylum. Rather than enter the country illegally, Damus had followed U.S. protocol by presenting himself to Border Patrol and saying he feared for his life. Then he had been handcuffed and flown to a detention facility with empty beds in Ohio, where he’d spent the past two years waiting for a final resolution in his case.
    The government had denied Damus parole because it considered him a flight risk with no meaningful connections in Ohio, but now the courtroom was filled with Ohioans who had come to support him."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...6a6f3ce8199_story.html?utm_term=.951e551afaa7

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.