AVB 0.00% 16.5¢ avanco resources limited

What copper surplus?, page-167

1. 13,329 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 160
    AVB is getting cheap for Kiwi buyers / investors......might be more to come too. What's the RBA up to ??
    Interbank Market rate - NZD/AUD

Bid Ask
    1 2:46 p.m.
    2 0.9970 / 0.9977
      Low High
    1 24h 0.9931 0.9980
    2 Week 0.9742 0.9980

With the Australian dollar trading around the Reserve Bank of Australia's (RBA) preferred level of $0.75, will the central bank hold off on cutting rates at Tuesday's meeting?

According to Mitul Kotecha, head of FX strategy, Asia-Pacific at Barclays, the RBA is likely to pull the rate cut trigger sooner rather than later given the recent collapse in iron ore prices – a key export for Australia.
    "It's interesting, the RBA had said they were comfortable with the Aussie dollar at $0.75, but the reality [is] now commodity prices, [such as] iron ore, have fallen even further. They probably want to see[the Australian dollar] even lower now," Kotecha told CNBC.

Last week, iron ore prices fell below $50 a tonne for the first time in a decade on concerns over a supply glut and soft Chinese demand. Iron ore accounts for close to one-fifth of the value of Australia's total exports.

"I think $0.75 is gone, I think it's probably in the region of towards $0.70 if anything," Kotecha said, adding that Barclays recently moved its call for a rate cut forward to April from May.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.