what happened to Google?

1. 29,310 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 80
    As of this morning, if I do a Google search, i get "Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?"

OK, that's explanatory, but why today?
    I did an encrypted Google search, lol, and found Google was going to/was encrypting searches as of last year......
    So WHY was my Google behaving normally last night, and today subjected to this encryption poop? I thought Google was always monitoring searches closely, and will mention again the case of the US Security contractor who lost his job last year over Google's auto complete....
    The guy was googling "How to build a radio-controlled aeroplane", with the aim of building one with his son.
    However, with the auto-complete options popping up, he had inadvertently clicked on "how to build a radio-controlled bomb"........ and the guys in suits & shades appeared very quickly......
    He and all his friends, workmates family, were grilled something shocking, and he finished up losing his job. He was suing Google for $40mill for losing his job/ career. So Google WAS monitoring and reporting back then......so why are my searches suddenly encrypted today?

GZ

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.