AXE 2.33% 42.0¢ archer materials limited

In terms of the SP movement, it is important to note that in...

1. 330 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 76
    In terms of the SP movement, it is important to note that in real terms the shares of AXE are pretty closely held. There are approximately 225M shares in the market and daily transaction volumes are reflective of a group of shareholders that are doing just that, holding.
    There will always be reasons for people to have to sell (whether they like it or not) but looking at the volumes of sales over time a high end estimate suggests only 0.2% of shares are traded on any one day.
    I agree with Tonza that many of us are in long-term parking, waiting for substantial movement, but I would point out that the share price cannot (and will not) move unless buyers can meet sellers at an agreed price. We see some shaking of the tree and the impatient losing their grip (hello Warren B), however in real terms we seem to be getting closer and closer to fewer and fewer holders. The upshot of this is that when a significant announcement is made the bids may need to be higher for holders to let go, their view of the potential (including my personal view) being much higher than currently reflected in the share price.
    My view, for what it is worth, that the company has a realisable value and until the share price reaches or exceeds that value I am holding on tight. Despite a relatively small change in bid price showing a large percentage increase in portfolio value, it becomes a valuation of current profit versus long-term value. Having held for some years now I am still looking long term.
    I believe AXE has a significant contribution to make to wider society and to Australia and I'd like to feel a part of that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AXE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.33%)
Mkt cap ! $107.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
43.0¢ 44.5¢ 41.0¢ $166.2K 392.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2124 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
43.0¢ 18987 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
42.0¢
  Change
-0.010 ( 3.45 %)
Open High Low Volume
43.5¢ 44.0¢ 40.5¢ 177281
Last updated 15.59pm 16/05/2024 ?
AXE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.