Kingpins As far as I know the biggest partner in the Trans...

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Kingpins

As far as I know the biggest partner in the Trans Pacific Partnership is the US, then Japan or Canada, but the US is by far the biggest partner and is the one pushing for this deal the hardest. There are many problems with it and they are coming to light now.
    The major stumbling block for me is that we are opening Australia up to all the Multi national companies and giving them the legal right to sue our sovereign government. In my opinion our sovereign government should not be allowed to be sued by any company.
    Under the TPP the big US pharma companies will be able to maintain there patents on drugs and it will probably seriously limit the generic drug business, but for me the ability of a company to sue our sovereign government is absolutely treasonous in my opinion.
    It is just giving away our protection from large corporations to shift tax money offshore.

Just my opinion of course

The Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) is a proposed regional regulatory and investment treaty. As of 2014, twelve countries throughout the Asia-Pacific region have participated in negotiations on the TPP: Australia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Singapore, the United States, and Vietnam.
    The proposed agreement began in 2005 as the Trans-Pacific Strategic Partnership Agreement (TPSEP or P4). Participating countries set the goal of wrapping up negotiations in 2012, but contentious issues such as agriculture, intellectual property, and services and investments have caused negotiations to continue into the present,[7] with the last round meeting in Ottawa from 3–12 July 2014.[8][9] Implementation of the TPP is one of the primary goals of the trade agenda of the Obama administration in the United States of America.
    On 12 November 2011, the nine Trans-Pacific Partnership countries announced that the TPP intended to "enhance trade and investment among the TPP partner countries, to promote innovation, economic growth and development, and to support the creation and retention of jobs."[10] Some global health professionals, internet freedom activists, environmentalists, organised labour, advocacy groups, and elected officials have criticised and protested the negotiations, in large part because of the proceedings' secrecy, the agreement's expansive scope, and controversial clauses in drafts leaked to the public.[11][12][13][14] Wikileaks has published several

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership

http://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/agreements/tpp/Pages/trans-pacific-partnership-agreement-tpp.aspx

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.