EX1 0.00% 1.1¢ exopharm limited

I don't hold yet - a bit wary of biotech at present been a bit...

1. 1,888 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1131
    I don't hold yet - a bit wary of biotech at present been a bit disappointed with how Cynata seems to have been thrown by COVID. But this is looking like about the best buying value I've seen it at current prices and with the patent granted.

Obviously the staff and the burn rate on cash are something to be a bit cautious about - but on the positive side if the company can land a single deal with either the Finnish blood bank or announce some good results from the Showa Denko Materials research collaboration (anything which really gives independent assurance that the technology scales in the view of knowledgeable industry players - as opposed to just theoretically) and that might be a substantial catalyst to other players to also have a closer look at the tech.

My gut feel is that anything not directly related to COVID but requiring any of the same resources - researchers, supply chains (for raw ingredients and materials) etc, is getting stymied by COVID taking up all the attention. Even international meetings are just harder to have.

To me, the tech still looks good (LEAP, LOAD, EVPS) and the more I read the more some of the stuff I was dismissing as likely to be over hyped looks plausible. I'm saying that as a non holder.

page 5 of the Pitt Street report dated13 April 2021 says this "The technology has demonstrated its ability to produce a billion EVs for just A$10. The company plans to further bring down this cost to less than 5 cents per billion EVs." To me that sounds impressive but it needs context to make it meaningful. How many EV's are a dose for instant. Cells like mesenchymal stem cells might be dosed at up to 200 million cells. And cells produce multiples of EVs so a billion EVS sounds like a big number but it might actually be small in terms of therapeutic doses. There just isn't enough context to tell.

Another article I was reading when thinking about the cost of goods was Ligand-Based Exosome Affinity Purification (a good article to read in my opinion as well as its reference papers) of June 2021. This sentence stood out (page 30 or page 2 of 5) "The LEAP purification protocol is based on scalable unit operations such as filtration and column chromatography. It uses materials and techniques already implemented routinely for processing monoclonal antibodies (Mabs) and vaccines. The platform should be capable of routine purification from bench scale to commercial manufacturing scale of 2,000 L using only industry-standard equipment that most contract manufacturing organisations have on hand."

I'm reading that sentence now with more understanding of how Mabs and vaccines are produced. But I still don't feel I know quite enough. If Ex1 management can landing a deal or some strong solid confirmation of practical application of the tech with Showa Denko or the Finnish blood bank would be something that builds confidence that those that do know are seeing some practical demonstrations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EX1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.