I'm not sure how you work out 30,000 women and children have...

1. 21,501 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 258
    I'm not sure how you work out 30,000 women and children have been killed, these numbers seen to come from Hamas run Gaza health ministry and i wouldn't put much faith in the accuracy of their numbers and Hamas doesn't provide any numbers separately from the 30k for it's hamas military deaths so i think it's reasonable to assume a good portion of that 30k are hamas fighter deaths imo.

Reuters reckon some Hamas official admitted that 6000 fighters had been killed but again a Hamas official.

and

Israel claims they've killed over 10000 fighters.

Then theres the problem that Hamas fighters look like anyone else in Gaza so it wouldn't be easy to distinguish hamas men from civilians and Hamas won't be doing Israel any favours on the numbers front, they'll be trying to make Israel look as bad as possible for obvious reasons thus i wouldn't think any of these numbers are very accurate or reflect a true reflection of whats really happened and if Hamas didn't operate in Gaza hospitals etc and hide with civilians i'm sure the death count of women and children would be much lower and thus one can't just apply all the blame to all the Gaza women and children deaths to Israel when Hamas fighters have obviously increased the risk of death to women and children by the tactics they use.

" Hamas does not provide any figures for its military fatalities. The Reuters news agency reported that an official had admitted 6,000 fighters had been killed, but Hamas denied this figure to the BBC."

" The toll of at least 30,035 killed, from Gaza's Hamas-run health ministry,..."

" On 19 February, the Times of Israel reported the IDF as saying 12,000 fighters had been killed. We put that figure to the IDF who, in two separate responses to us, said the figure is "approximately 10,000" and "more than 10,000".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68387864

Last edited by Fishinnick: 20/04/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.