I concur.There is also the greater picture.Russia, having by far...

1. 2,731 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    I concur.
    There is also the greater picture.
    Russia, having by far the largest land mass, is a glittering treasure trove of resources which the West would love to access at bargain basement prices, if only they could.
    Napoleon tried and failed.
    Germany tried and failed.
    No doubt, down the ages, others also.
    America thought, when the Soviet system collapsed ca.1990, that America's "unipolar moment" had arrived and Russia's riches would fall into their lap under the incompetent drunkard Yeltsin.
    But the unipolar moment was just that, a moment.
    Putin set about the reconstruction of Russia, with emphasis on food production, import substitution, debt elimination and military modernisation.
    Now, with sweeping cooperation with China, Russia is unassailable, and the West knows it.
    So now "Globalisation", as the West understands it (i.e. the whole world controlled by Washington) is dead. And the irony is that the West just killed it by cutting Russia out of it's financial system and stealing it's foreign currency reserves.
    In an instant, the West recreated a Bipolar World again. This time it is different from 30 years ago, because China is rising to rival the US, and Russia and China together is a trading "marriage in heaven".
    Europe is now trying to mitigate the damage it has done to itself by winding back the sanctions it now finds unpalatable, but I don't think there will be much forgiveness coming from Russia.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.