Why the burqa is important

1. 1,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Whilst I agree with Julie Bishop that we shouldn't have laws banning the burqa .. ie we shouldn't need a government telling us what we can't wear...but I think the parliament or government buildings are a different matter.

I am not worried about security as not doubt there is enough technology to deal with that - although the cost must be horrendous. I want the burqa banned because it is culturally insulting.

If you meet someone and they don't remove their sunglasses -- that is rude behaviour. To refuse to show your face is unacceptable. Surely at parliament house - supposedly the highest building in the land, where the supposedly the highest ideas in the nation are debated.. its not too much too ask that you show your face. Its an insult to refuse.

Maybe Corman's girlie comment was designed to divert attention away from Liberals backdown... some little naughty un PC talk to reassure their supporters.. Its a shame to see liberal HC posters run a mile away from the burqa issue after being so strident in their views. You need to support your leaders make the right decisions .. not just fall in line when you get the message from HQ.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.