The Apprentice: Trump campaign threatens legal action over...

1. 23,959 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

The Apprentice: Trump campaign threatens legal action over biopic that depicts him as a rapist

Tue 21 May 2024

Campaign spokesperson called Ali Abbasi’s film, which premiered at Cannes on Monday, ‘pure fiction which sensationalises lies that have been long debunked’

The Trump campaign has come out swinging against The Apprentice after the film, which depicts the former president raping his first wife, shocked audiences at Cannes, with a spokesperson saying that they will be “filing a lawsuit to address the blatantly false assertions from these pretend filmmakers”.

Speaking to Variety on Monday after the world premiere of Ali Abbasi’s film, the Trump campaign’s chief spokesperson Steven Cheung confirmed they would take legal action.

More:-
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/article/2024/may/21/the-apprentice-biopic-donald-trump-campaign-threatens-legal-action

Leaked Donald Trump tapes dredges up 1989 spousal rape accusation
    Jul 25, 2018

What isindisputable however, is that in a sworn deposition in 1989, Ivana Trump accused her estranged husband of raping her.

Ms Trumpdetailed her husband, enraged by a painful operation to remove a bald spot,violently assaulting and raping her.

Ms Trumpalleged the now-president ripped fistfuls of hair from her scalp during theattack.

In 1993she retracted the use of the word "rape".

"Onone occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which hebehaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage.

"Asa woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normallyexhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a 'rape', but I do notwant my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

When thestory threatened to resurface in January 2016, Cohen vehemently denied it to TheDaily Beast.

"You'retalking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well asprivate individual who never raped anybody," Cohen said.

"And,of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape yourspouse."

Theexemption for marital rape was struck down in New York in 1984, making Cohen'sclaim incorrect.

The NewYork Times reported in 1990 that a divorce was granted between the Trumpsbecause of his "cruel and inhuman treatment".

Ivana Trump is bound by a gagorder, which prevents her from speaking about her marriage to him without hispermission.

Hissecond wife, Marla Maples, is also subject to a confidentiality agreement.

Court filings show there are another 11 tapes surreptitiously recorded by Cohen during meetings with Trump.All 12 recordings were obtained by the FBI when they raided Cohen's office, home and hotel room earlier this year.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/leaked-donald-trump-tapes-dredges-up-1989-spousal-rape-accusation/9535192f-d04b-4dd0-9869-394cee45bec9

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.