GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hi Daytr The simplest basic example is if you go and buy PMs...

1. 25,374 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi Daytr
    The simplest basic example is if you go and buy PMs from a bullion merchant you can buy allocated gold or un-allocated gold.

Allocated gold can then be held by them until you want to pick it up

So the un-allocated and the unpicked up gold is held in trust by the merchant

The problem here is that you cannot physically prove that the gold is actually there and actually exists and the reports that keep coming out are that they sell the same gold numerous times because there are no checks and balances

Look at Germany trying to get it's gold back from the USA. There have been reports for years that the USA Vault is empty, certainly the USA government has said in effect to Germany, Rack Off

The PMs market is a very secretive trade and accurate figures are impossible to obtain
    the prices are set by a board and have very little to do with actual supply and demand

There are reports that the silver trade has sold 100 times the amount of silver in circulation

Obviously these people have not had their silver delivered, they have received an I.O.U. and if there is any run or dramatic price increase that silver will NEVER be delivered
    I do not have the original story or source for this information but it is on the web
    Last year (2013) total mine production for silver was 819 million ounces, yet demand was 1.1 billion ounces. The total shortfall was 262 million ounces for 2013

The figures simply do not add up, how can you sell something you don't have

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.