>and I think I have proven beyond a reasonable doubt all my...

1. 2,645 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 266
    >and I think I have proven beyond a reasonable doubt all my assertions.
    You haven't. You've made an assertion and provided information that doesn't fit the events of the NS destruction.

> an explosion over the ground can cause a crater.
    So, again. A 2000kg equivalent explosive, with a truck "shielding" the road (that's what - 15mm of steel plate?) digs a 2 metre hole (by vaporising the earth)
    And, in your theoretical model, a 500kg explosive - with 30mm of steel plate and 70mm of concrete shielding it from the sea bed- digs a 3-5 metre hole.

I'm not understanding how less explosive power leads to more earth being vaporised.

>The pictures you are showing is likely due from the pipes being overpressurised, however we are talking about 1200bar compared to their usual 200bar (not just slightly over).

And I showed you a picture of what happens to a pipe that is destroyed with an explosive. Not what we see with NS.

So again. Force that caused the pipe to shear = external to pipe.

>exactly like the video I showed you.
    Yes, and in the video you showed me...

The force
    Applied to the pipe

was

E X T E R N A L

To the pipe.

It was between the outside of the pipe and the earth.

Which, again, is what happened in the NS destruction. An explosive force between the sea bed and the pipe - which is why the pipe is ripped at the welds and why there is a crater.

> you are just making things up, and you are completely disregarding the fact that natural gas pipelines are well known to cause craters
    I'm not disregarding a thing. Let me be clear for you: Buried NG pipelines that leak into the earth cause craters.

Buried. Pipelines.
    Buried.
    Key word.
    Buried.

Because when something explodes under the ground, a crater is formed.

NS - not buried.

You're making up that a crater formed due to a buried explosion is the same thing as a depression crater that forms when earth is vaporised.

Now this part is just funny

> This tells me you must be young. It's an amateur question to be asking.
    Sounds like an ad hominem. Looks like I win, friendo, since you've resorted to attacking me instead of the argument.

I like this word salad part. But you're kind of right, even if you don't know what it means.
    >The effects of internal pressure and geometric imperfection of the pipe walls on the axial stresses and the evolution of the maximum compressive strain, at the critical pipeline section for an increasing relative axial ground deformation will result in an explosion causing a crater and or a rupture as seen in the above video.

Let me draw you a picture to help you understand what you actually wrote.

Step 1 :
    Pipe ruptures, leaking gas into the ground. The ground effectively becomes a part of the pipeline.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4825/4825043-009d07fcf3c36a015a95a1e9657632bc.jpg
    Step 2: Pressure builds up to the point that the earth can no longer contain the gas pressure, causing an explosive rupture of the earth - ripping the pipe from its welds. The earth underneath the pipe basically exploded like a balloon. "Axial ground deformation".

Which applies a force to the pipe.. thats... external... to the pipe.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4825/4825050-ca39b8117167a659e6d32fe1fa52df0a.jpg
    Further evidence : heres the remains of the pipe, note how it's all in one section? Because the pipe did not explode. The gas pressure that leaked out of the rupture pushed it out of the earth.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4825/4825055-94241203c72c1686ca78b8040b590488.jpg

Again. The crater occurs for one reason only : The explosion occurred underground.

Last edited by DanMachine: 10/11/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.