why would you vote for the alp over lnp?

1. 46,246 Posts.
    Honest question, hopefully we can get some honest answers without flaming or personal attacks.

I would like to better understand other people's point of view.

There are a number of people on this forum who are strong advocates for the ALP to win the next election, in QLD and Federally.

Is this choice to vote ALP because of dislike of the other side, is it a genuine belief that the ALP would run things better than the LNP is, or is your choice to vote ALP because your dad did, so you do too?
    Do you just love the sport of disagreeing with others on the forum for a bit of tit for tat banter?
    Or is there some other reason?

I am usually a LNP voter, because I consider them to fundamentally better manage the economy and workings of government over the long run. I don't agree with everything they do, nor am I a Tony Abbott fanclub member. But I don't dislike the bloke either.
    I believe that the previous 6 years of Rudd/Gillard/Rudd were the worst years of government that I have ever seen.
    I believe that the previous Hawke labor government got almost everything right and was the best government I have ever seen, closely followed by the Howard years. (I'm 44). I've been around since;

Whitlam (too young to know)/Fraser(too young to know)/Hawke/Keating/Howard/Rudd/Gillard/Rudd/Abbott (hope I didn't miss anyone).

Anyone willing to offer an explanation on why they vote they way they do?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.