Have been waiting all afternoon to get to the laptop to post in...

1. 4,528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Have been waiting all afternoon to get to the laptop to post in this thread... The statement was "Gupta had “a lot of plans”. It didn't necessarily mean Electric cars!?  Besides, the cars would need to be built out of Alloy rather than prehistoric metals... And whos got a cheap supply of Alloy in Aussie??? Enough at least to provide chassis and outta body panelling? And then a cheap reliable source of the primary metals?? Nickal, Graphite, Cobalt, Lithium etc etc....

This is remember, an election year in Stay Away... Does anyone remember the promise of the Olympic Dam expansion, and how the Labor Gumnut spent the Royalty increase before it was banked??? The worlds most expensive hospital ever with fewer beds than the one it is intended to replace rings a bell??! Or a 40 million dollar footbridge across a river that saves the community 5 minutes when everybody is been told to "Become more active"
    Or cost cutting on overbridges that are crumbling away after only 3 years been erected.... I'm sorry for being cynical... But having lived in Stay Away and experienced the Mindset of the Politics there, I'd be very surprised if any heavy industry is developed in my lifetime...   

My interpretation of the Electric vehicle industry in SA

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.