Dear oh dear, you're still talking of tolerance only to indulge...

1. 17,561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    Dear oh dear, you're still talking of tolerance only to indulge in what you regard as the unfitness of Palestinians to exist anywhere in proximity to the state of Israel. That's called 'apartheid' and it's what's being pursued at the ICJ against Netanyahu's genocidal regime.

good lord you do have a tendency to make stuff up

firstly. I have talked about not having blind tolerance but ensuring that emotions are under control and intellect remains engaged. you appear to have missed that entirely while inviting your response

I did not say that Palestine was unfit to exist anywhere in proximity to the state of Israel. I did however note that there will be consequences to granting statehood that are as yet unrecognised. And I do believe that still. There is nothing incompatible with accepting a Palestinian state and making a warning. the Arab/Palestinians could have existed as a separate state long long ago had they not entirely rejected the idea of two states and decided instead to firstly participate in a war and then undertake ongoing terrorist attacks. You prefer to forget this. There is nothing incompatible with accepting the existence of two separate states and noting this fact

as to the rest of your historical facts -

Palestine did NOT exist as a separate state post or before WW2.
    it was an area under the Ottoman Empire and subsequently part of the British mandate. Other separate states WERE carved out of the Ottoman Empire however. Maybe you have some other notion of statehood to that which most people understand

the UN vote included yes from Russia as well as the USA. The UK ABSTAINED. In total 33 nations voted yes - not all of whom could have been accused of being puppets of the US or UK You have allowed your distaste for America to intervene in facts so causing you to hide information

wealthy…. Whatever you think. I have no idea where you drag this distortion from. You could equally argue tte other way looking at protests across the world.

the US has inflamed things. Yes most likely and I think you’ll find that I have never denied their interest in maintaining a foothold in a troubled region.

funding of Hamas. the facts are not quite as you suggest. Hamas has life (and their leaders a quality of life that outstrips that of Palestinians) because it is funded by Qatar and other Arab donors. But certainly the Israeli government has foolishly created a monster by funding Hamas as part of a strategy to divide Palestinian leadership

and so on. Alleged atrocities. Alleged genocide then

and if you want to make it about Palestine then try leaving out personalised commentary. Otherwise it is about you. It becomes about your bad tempered attacks. Your emotional rubbish. Your misrepresentation of facts.

I don’t have a problem discussing a situation or concept, or idea but if you want to add your little personalised barbs, your personalised babble and made up insults then I will talk about that as well.

it is somewhat like your ill informed commentary about what I think or don’t think. If you expect I won’t respond to that to correct what you have said you are simply showing once again that you are indeed a self righteous grumpy old man who has remarkably little tolerance for anything other than your echo chamber.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.