FAR 0.00% 46.5¢ far limited

Woodside want quick resolution to Senegal, page-195

1. 2,090 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 560
    Thanks Szaba.
    All opinion and conjecture. Why do we do it. Passes the time, we like the sound of our own voices, human nature, etc, etc.

Mostly think that any posting should have some supporting detail.
    So for me and still thinking Tolal. Much of what I have previously posted.

No I am not aware of Total being a JV partner in any Senegalese acreage.
    Doesn't mean of course that Total don't have an interest in becoming so.
    Especially given Totals other interests in that part of the world, Senegal and other Ex French colonies.
    You mentioned the refinery etc.
    Step up a level!
    Total is a significant French multinational. French companies as big and as important to the French economy as the likes of Total are always "close" to their governments. It is the same all over the world, enough said.
    I think that it is fair to assume that Total will have the "ear of", at least to some extent the French Govt.
    They won't have being doing their homework if they didn't.
    Why is Total big in Senegal, because Senegal is an ex French colony.
    France more so than most colonisers has stayed "pretty close" to their ex colonies,although I concede that is in my opinion but I believe nonetheless true.
    I believe that at a govt to govt level the French and the Senegalese will be close. These relationships at the highest diplomatic levels are "complex".
    But as an aside it would be interesting to know if Senegal is the recipient of French foreign aid? Enough said.
    So I believe that this will be being "discussed at the highest levels".
    This current juncture will be pivotal to this new Senegalese oil province.
    As I said before, before they found oil nobody cared, now everybody eyes are on this deal.
    FAR seems to have positioned itself at the centre of this. It is the key to holding 50% of these blocks. The "ownership" of these blocks is not going to come up like this again. We are talking about billions of dollars over the next 20 maybe 30 years.
    What the Senegalese govt and those behind them want, this is the chance for them to get. It will not come up again in this way.
    I think this is way bigger than COP or WPL now and FAR is the vehicle.
    As an aside Total seems to be about 4x the size of WPL.
    So that is why I think that it is Total.
    American Exxon to me doesn't have the right ring about it in Senegal.
    Just my opinion supported by my reasoning. Most likely wrong.
    Finally bee said before but tying in with above, I think PC going public was an act of desperation. What else could it have been. You don't prosecute these things through the media unless you know that it is all but lost.

I posted over on the WPL thread with what I thought was reasoned comment and got rubbished. Not going back.
    You are from the WPL side.
    I appreciate comment whatever side it is from so long as it is backed up with some kind of logic or intelligent reasoning.
    GLTA
    Last edited by 34232: 31/08/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $42.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 146536 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.5¢ 33726 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 18/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.