work for the dole, page-12

1. 8,527 Posts.
    What a hugely tragic and difficult issues this is - and too complex to discuss length here. Sadly, the "good old days" of everyone taking it for granted they'd get some job upon leaving school, let alone University (a more rare instance in those days_ have long gone. Young people just took the "I'll get a job" for granted. Those who took the dole option were stigmatised to a degree in many instances - as then there were jobs.

Politically, here - one Government (the previous Labor led one) has recklessly "maxed" out the national credit cards - their successors now trying to rectify this huge, disgraceful financial mess they've been bequeathed - and worse, those who were responsible for inflicting this huge damage (on all of us) now sit on the sidelines, and snigger, smirk, belittle, and try their best to sabotage, these efforts to get the books back in the black. Ridiculing all and every effort - to cut back on previous lavish expenditures - many of which were just vote buying pork-barreling moves, All run up on the never never.

Now people have to suffer, the good, the innocent, as well as the bad. This Government now setting out to put the net out and catch the dole bludgers, stop the rorting, force people to take on responsibility for themselves.
    Sadly, the innocent, the well meaning, the helpless, or the unsuccessul triers, are going to get caught up in this desperate measure, to try balancing the national books.

I find this requirement of "40 jobs a month" entirely inhumane and unachievable, speaking personally of instances I see. Surely it's better to insist on some solid PROOF that someone has actively been searching for work - and not just box ticking. What social support facilities would Centrelink put in place to extend solid help mechanisms to those who are genuinely trying?

Incidence of depression, (this relentless "grind" of try for two jobs a day") -even suicide via hopelessness, are two elements which could escalate, IMO. What hope have unskilled teenagers and young adults, living in fringe of suburbia or rural areas - have of meeting such a target?

Would such stringent requirements be put on newly arrived asylum seekers? Does the wearing of full Muslim garb, including hijab, exclude young unemployed Muslim women from having to try for 40 jobs a month? Or is wearing of such garb accepted as an excuse as to why they cannot get office jobs, etc?

In our family, an autistic child's mother has lost her Carer's payment - and it's relative Health Care Card - because her child has turned 16. So (apparently) the Government regards this child as, having turned 16, now:-

a/ being suddenly cured? of autism?

and of, having turned 16, now

b/ being able to fend for "itself". Take itself to the doctor, the speciliast, the counselling sessions, go out and get a job, move out of home, make it's own social and medical decisions, attend to it's own educational requirements - even learn to drive???

I won't go on. But this whole scenario so huge, so tragic for some, with the potential to ruin, as well as enhance, many lives - well, one needs the wisdom of Solomon to contend with all the complexities.

Toughen up on cheats, fraudsters loafers, and bludgers who, yes, could work. Who abuse the system - off surfing In Bali, or house sharing and pooling the wlefare loot - or "asylum seekers" making NIL effort to contribute to their own personal advancement - having come here precisely to get ONTO our welfare. (How closely will THEY be examined?)

As usual, will it be Aussies who bear the brunt?

The "no personal ID, passports, papers" brigade getting off boats and handed homes, furniture, food, and immediate welfare support - plus access to the High Court via wealthy pro-bono "do-gooder bleeding heart lawyers and legal companies (who DO make money out of such cases) - whom we never voted for (anyone vote for a Mr. Manne, a Mr.Newhouse, or a Mr. De Krester? Nor the High Court Full Bench for that matter?) - will THEY (these new boat arrivalists - now embarking on SUEING us for damages - yet we SAVED them!) be subject to such new "flame torch" scrutiny re. their job seeking intentions? Bet they will not. Sobbing Ladies with baskets greeting them.
    It is absolutely CRUCIAL that we stop the boats. Our own kids now to suffer - whilst these (mostly) cunning economic refugees now set their sights on coming here - and it;'s costing us BILLIONS! To the detriment of our OWN!
    This why it's SO crucial - to Stop the Boats! For we're being had! And financially exploited. By crooks in the form of people smugglers - and by more
    crooks - their scheming (could afford to pay all the fares and bribes) lying, passengers!

Human Rights? Which Human Rights are being shown to our OWN kids - our own poor, homeless, and hopeless? These lawyers now so strident - because they HATE this current Government - not the color they adore!

Ultra complex - yes. So much trite comment. Mine included. There is huge pain to be had here, for many - in this. But let's not discard our humanity. And our duty to our own.

People's lives are at stake. I would not be the LNP Treasurer for quids! Let lone PM. Whichever way they and his party jumps - this is a major and tragic mess.

How totally, bloody, sad. And it's our next generation bearing this huge brunt.

Can't afford houses, Can't get the jobs to pay for them. Are we passing on
    Hopeless?

Cut up the credit cards, LNP - yes. But don't chuck out our kids - and kill off their lifelong hopes and chances either.

Whatever we do, it has to be done, with love. And Australians should not be being categorised as second class citizens in their own country. NO "pro bono" legal help for our own kids! What absolute hypocrites these Human Rights lawyer clods are. Many of whom, I'd allege, don't even have kids, of their own!

But for Labor pollies to sit their, watch, and sneer and cackle - I remind them - YOU all DID this - to US!

This a rant? Perhaps. But, daily, I see the sufferings of a Black Saturday Fire ravaged community - no one now gives a damn. So-called "close" "friends" have abandoned their friends. Haven't they got over it, yet - people ask? And whose suffering most - their kids! and who suffers mostly from this social isolation - why, the kids, of course.

40 jobs a month - these kids have no transport, no money, no hope. 40 ks each way to outer surburban suburbs. No way could they begin to meet such targets, many still on tranqilizers - and anti-depressants - as are their whole families. Here is just one instance of where this requirement, to me, is totally inhumane.

No help - no pro-bono lawyers - High Court elite jducialbench couldn't care less - none of them could ever contemplate such human suffering - ongoing - no help to be had!

Who sorts all this out? Only heaven knows. But it's desperately sad. sorting thr "ehat" from the "chaff". The genuine from the rorters? This the aim - but how to do it?

I am desperately sad. For Australia, our country.

How did it come to this? Labor, and cohort mates, your gloatings at Australia's present financial plight are atrocious.

The "murderers" gets off - what, scot free? (Past Labor, Greens, and Independents - 2007-2013). And all laugh in our faces as "they" do so?
    Gallops off into the sunset - well and hugely rewarded and paid?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.