- young Muslims fight IS on social media -, page-3

1. 17,184 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 316
    Excellent find dub. At this time I am reminded of a bible verse the book of Ephesians chapter 6 verse 12

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places"

For a dozen years the world superpower (the USA) and its allies have thrown everything including the kitchen sink at Islamic extremism and they have failed. In fact things are now worse than ever. That is because this is not a war against flesh and blood but a war of ideology (spiritual wickedness in high places). In my humble opinion this social media campaign that you have stumbled upon has the potential to do far more good than the trillions of dollars worth of hi tech weaponry that has so far failed to make a difference. Too many young Muslims have been bewitched by the razzle dazzle appeal of ISIS.

I have said it before: Islam needs to heal from within. Muslims making ISIS uncool in the eyes of vulnerable Islamic youth could be just the very tool in destroying this abomination. We can help by applauding them and by desisting with the fear and suspicion and even hatred that so many westerners now continually spew at mainstream Islam.
    Last edited by NineLives: 22/09/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.