DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

Zeta underground

1. 426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    I will begin by saying that i am still waiting on Paul to reply to my email regarding Copper bull's comment. I am probably not suprised given they will be super busy with other more important agendas, such as completing the updated zeta DFS, cutting costs and managing concentrator issues at Boseto. And these are of very high importance to us all.

To recap: that with the issues that he has with Zeta underground, the grades of 1.3% is insufficient for it to be viable. This is due to the narrow mine which will cause problem with "freeze".

There is foremost a few things i have found in my quest to get an answer for this that i will share to keep everyone entertained. I am sure if Paul were to respond, i am likely refered to the below and probably ased ot wait for the updated DFS to learn more. All of the below are sourcd from the ASX, so kindly refer to the zeta underground DFS published on ASX on 27/04/2014

1. I am not an engineer, so correct me if this still fails to answer your question, Copper Bull's question regarding the risk of "freeze". page 2 of 11
    2. zeta Underground Total Proved & Probable Ore Reserve 7.30 1.3 24.5 (page 3 of 11)
    this is quite substantial according to the DFS given the high grades, when mixed with the ores from the open pit (lower grades), will combine at the concentrator to create a high grades final product.

3. we have some high caliber people working at Boseto. these 2 gentleman are some of the highly experienced mining engineers working on the zeta underground project at the moment. Gives me comfort that we are not hiring some hobo off the street to run the show.  
    http://www.linkedin.com/pub/christian-heili/1b/90/468
    https://au.linkedin.com/pub/chaim-sproles/13/a86/281

4. refer to the zeta underground DFS published on ASX on 27/04/2012. Even on the economics back then, Zeta underground in itself is a viable mine. To re-iterate this report is not done by DML themselves but by snowden who is a reputable mining consultant. Although the economics have changed since because of the high costs of processing and power, this is now slowly under control. when the output of zeta underground is factored in, the boseto is able to run at higher capacity on higher grades and as a result lower the unit costs. This is exactly what Paul and Bob is trying to do. (page 6 of 11)

so in short lets wait till the updated DFS (by 31 August) before we casts further judgement on this.

While the figure may not be as rosy as before, but it will still be a strong case. Once we bed this down we have plutus underground, zeta NE open and underground, Mango open and underground, ophion, the whole kalahari mid and southwest to play with.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.