‘I regret my vote’: Brexit supporters' stunning backflip over...

1. 59,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 727
    ‘I regret my vote’: Brexit supporters' stunning backflip over referendum result

In a bizarre back-pedal some Brexit supporters have now revealed they ‘regret’ their decision because they were 'fed lies’ by the Leave campaign and didn’t think that their vote would make a difference.

Numerous Leave voters have since revealed their regret over the shock referendum result following the dramatic resignation of David Cameron and volatility in financial markets.

When interviewed one woman said she was “disappointed” by the outcome despite voting for the change.

The same voter also added that if she had her chance again, she would vote to remain in the EU.

David Cameron announces he will resign from the British prime ministership by October after voters decided to leave the EU. Source: PA Wire

Cameron announces his resignation outside 10 Downing Street, London as his wife Samantha looks on. Source: PA Wire

In a stunning about-face speaking to ITV at Manchester Airport the regretful voter said the “reality” of the situation had hit home.

“I was really disappointed about the votes even though I voted to leave.

“This morning I woke up and the reality did actually hit me.

“If I had the opportunity to vote again, it would be to stay,” she told ITV.

Other Leave voters have also said they were “shocked” with the result and had only opted for Brexit because they believed their vote “didn’t matter.”

In an interview with ITV, Mandy, expressed her regret. Source: ITV.

Celebrations begin after the Leave campaign triumphs in the referendum. Photo: AFP

“I'm a bit shocked to be honest. I didn't think that was going to happen,” one stunned voter told the BBC.

“I didn't think my vote was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to remain.”

“The David Cameron resignation has blown me away to be honest and the period of uncertainty that we're going through is going to be magnified now.”
    “So yeah, I'm quite worried,” he added.

Yet another Brexit voter said that she was “not entirely convinced” about the outcome of the referendum, despite having voted to leave the EU.

“I was led to believe that part of the money we pay to be in Europe was going to go on the NHS. But, this morning, it's lies,” the confused voter admitted.

“Why lie about something and get the vote and say ‘well that's not happening, this isn't happening anymore?’. I am now in turmoil over it.”

“I now understand a little bit more about it than I what I did in the first place,” she finally added.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a...ers-stunning-backflip-over-referendum-result/

Other regretful Leave voters flocked to social media to express their regret at the decision.

The Leave campaign amassed 52 per cent of the votes despite widespread support for Remain in Scotland and major cities including London.

It was on a knife edge as the nation went to bed but the Leave party pulled ahead to take the win, eight hours after the polling booths closed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.