‘Israel Aljazeera ban is an act of desperation’: Marwan Bishara, page-65

1. 386 Posts.

You two seem so confused....
    (unless there is something else involved here and you are not confused)

We are entering today the 8th month of Israel's war on Gaza, you've been here on HC for a long while now, must have read thousands of posts, many of them, from what I've seen, repeat the same information over and over again.

Same goes for all sorts of press articles, tweets, youtube and X clips and so forth.
    So it is fair to say that you've been exposed to (don't know how much of it you've retained, though) really a lot of information and yet you still seem to struggle with what is VERY easy to understand (what if you had to grasp something REALLY very complex and abstract?).

What is it that prevents you from it?

Is it your 'tribal' and unconditional no-matter-what loyalty to Israel and the Jewish people?
    Why is it so hard?
    Can't you really see this war for what it really is?

I'll divert a little here....
    We call it a 'war' but of course it isn't 'war' - we don't have two armies fighting each other.

Instead, one one side we have Israeli foot soldiers, Navy and Air Forces. All of them have the best equipment there is out there.
    Many nations don't have their armies so well equipped.

On the other side - the Gazan side - we have nothing like that - no Gazan superbly equipped foot soldiers, no Gazan Navy and no Gazan Air Forces.
    So, we can't really call it a 'war', or can we?

On Gaza's' side we only have very committed blokes in plain civilian clothes with very basic firearms, including home-made cheap unguided primitive 'rockets'. All this is not a match - very far from it - and cannot be a match for one of the best equipped armies in the world.

You guys agree with me?

OK, back to the main theme....
    I don't want to spend to much time typing this so I'll keep it short.

Let me suggest you this:
    Try hard to disassociate yourselves from whatever is keeping you attached to Israel and the Jews.
    Then try, even harder, to make a judgement, based on what you already know, whether what Israel is doing is justified or waaaaaaaaaayyy over the top.
    Think about proportionality and lack of it on the part of Israel.

Try to come up with some analogy, this may help.
    For example:
    If Kiwis did to Australia what Hamas (and a several other militia groups) did to Israel on 7 October, would you think that Australia should invade New Zealand and totally anihiliate Kiwi's country?

That would include destroying of all New Zealand's hospitals, schools, unis, farmland, shops, bakeries, shopping centres, blowing up water supplies, electric power stations. As well as dropping many thousands of tons of bombs, including 2,000 pound ones on densly populated areas in Auckland and other cities.

What do you think?

Would such a response by Australia be warranted?
    Or would it be just pure evil and barbaric?
    Last edited by puntah: 08/05/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.