‘Not fit to be president’: Ex-spy chief lashes Trump after ‘divisive’ rally

1. 18,150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    ‘Not fit to be president’: Ex-spy chief lashes Trump after ‘divisive’ rally

DONALD Trump’s first rally since the violence in Charlottesville has led to protests on the streets and the US President telling a blatant lie during a speech of more than an hour.
    Trump supporters and protesters clashed in scuffles and shouting matches with police outside the Phoenix convention centre, while the US President told those gathered inside there was nothing to see.
    He claimed there weren’t many protesters outside: “And just so you know from the secret service, there aren’t too many people outside protesting,” Trump said.
    “That I can tell you.”
    There was just one problem. It wasn’t true.
    Putting the number of protesters in their thousands, CNN reported: “There are indeed many protesters outside, as CNN has been reporting for hours. Our correspondents said there are thousands of peaceful demonstrators in the area, standing outside in (41C) heat with signs.”

“NOT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT”
    In the wake of the rally, James Clapper, the former US director of national intelligence, openly questioned Trump’s fitness to be President.
    In an appearance on CNN — the news network which Trump attacked especially at the rally — Clapper described Trump’s speech to the rally as “downright scary and disturbing” and that the president may be “looking for a way out”.
    “I question his fitness to be in this office and I also wonder if he is looking for a way out,” Mr Clapper, who has served both Republican and Democratic administrations, said.
    He added that Mr Trump could be a threat to national security.
    “I worry about access to the nuclear codes if he decided to do something, in a fit of pique, to tackle Kim Jong-un ... It’s pretty damn scary,” he said.
    “ANGRY AND DIVISIVE”
    As the rally ended the protests took a violent turn, with police firing teargas canisters, pepperballs and flash grenades into the crowd. Media reports said some protesters had thrown bottles at police.
    While there were no immediate reports of injuries, hundreds of people reportedly ran off, streaming into the surrounding streets, coughing and wiping tears from their eyes.

Read more here.........

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work...l/news-story/07dffba414524d54b707045e937d68a4

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.