“Anything Tesla can do, we can surpass,”, page-4

1. 6,066 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 882
    The major auto makers certainly don't seem to be in any rush to play catch up.
    Right now, although Tesla has made great progress it has been progress starting from scratch. Existing manufacturing in Germany can be easily modified for electric vehicle production I read somewhere and they are sitting back it seems and watching how the Model 3 launch and production figures go.

My guess is they are hoping Tesla just crash and burn under their own steam.
    If that happens or if sales figures disappoint I can't see these majors entering the market in any great magnitude. They will happily hold off until batteries prices are cheaper, are more efficient and charging infrastructure is more widespread. In an indirect way some of my investments on the ASX I feel are tied to the launch success of the Model 3 and also the newly released solar roof/power wall. If Tesla can produce as predicted, hopefully better then the other auto players will have to respond IMO. Right now stationary storage seems to be getting more momentum/coverage than EVs.

Edit; have not watched the VW execs video presentation yet, is it worth watching?
    Last edited by El Jefe: 11/05/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.