TVN 1.79% 5.5¢ tivan limited

住友商事株式会社 - Sumitomo Shoji Kabushiki Geisha, page-72

1. 947 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 307
    Sorry, I missed this.

Do you mean the successful electrolyte announcement?

IMHO - I don't think it matters at all as far as Tivan go.

I've been consistent on Vanadium for the last 6 months in that the price simply reflects the demand.

To raise the price means more people want Vanadium than is available so where is that demand coming from?

Military construction will be high for some time sadly, but that's already in the pipeline you'd have thought.

Construction in general is in a deep deep hole, and it's impossible to see global sentiment changing from it's current doom and gloom into a new 'golden age' where skyscrapers are popping up left right and centre.

Batteries - and this is pertinent to construction in a way....

The Vanadium required for sky-scrapers and batteries share one thing in common - they are a one-time demand on global stocks.

By that I mean, once the sky-scraper is up - no more Vanadium is needed. Once the big battery is built - no more Vanadium is needed as the electrolyte is reusable.

One of it's pluses is in fact a negative.

So how does the needle right now move?

Not just a couple of new batteries, as they are a one-time need.

Take the biggest 3 battery projects under construction in China. The Vanadium would be already sourced so simple economics suggest that China needs to build another 3 next year so V demand doesn't DROP.

Will China do that? If not then the rest of the world need to.

In simple terms, you need to have almost double the 2025 planned 'big batteries' in 2026 to increase demand.

Lets say that's 5 big battery projects.

In 2026 you need another 5 new ones to maintain 2025 demand levels. To raise it - another 1

2027 - you need 6 new builds to maintain demand etc etc

You see where I'm going with this?

VFB will not ever influence the global vanadium demand by more than the odd percentage, as the amount of new massive battery projects worldwide simply will not happen IMHO.

What's that one in Dalian - 800MWh?

So can anyone see 40000MWH PER ANNUM for the next 20 years being built?

That's what it would take to affect Vanadium demand in the battery space. That's 5 of the Dalian sized batteries. More, much much more to keep demand growing.

Bit of a hypothetical for you:

If Vanadium is the 'next big thing' - then how's about we offer the lease for the Vanadium find which we have, up to other people.

Offer a 20 yr lease at $10,000,000 PA to include the use of Tivan+ tech.

5 yrs upfront plus 5% royalties (gross of everything mined) - regardless of metal.

So $50,000,000 up-front, 15 yrs of $10,000,000 PA with the last 5 rent-free (to count for the upfront payment) plus 5% royalties.

All costs to be met by lessee.

Tivan get $200,000,000 plus 5% with zero expenditure.

If two or more are interested - it goes to auction....

Like I say - that's just a hypothetical musing.

What's not hypothetical is the QLD massive commitment to Vanadium and Copperstring - any V play in Australia will be there.

I cannot understand why this is brushed over - St Elmo is under construction already, with Richmond not far behind.

Qld Govt are all in on Vanadium, so in 2 yrs time the whole thing about Vanadium mining in Australia becomes a moot point IMO - QLD are years ahead, and once they start producing, there isn't room for anymore worldwide, let alone in Australia - not that I'm convinced there is the demand currently anyway.

Lets see what Largo folding does to the market. Surely though, if demand is there - Largo gets snapped up and keeps mining?

Vanadium is $5.20 per lb according to neometals - which suggests to me, demand is being more than met.

Stick with CaF2 and make a ton of money then hit the lead resource.

Leave Vanadium to the dreamers. If global sentiment on building changes then reconsider - but that's decades away.

IMHO DYOP etc etc

Sorry - bit of a ramble as I'm supposed to be working!

Last edited by Hawk70: 25/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
-0.001(1.79%)
Mkt cap ! $94.75M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.7¢ 5.7¢ 5.5¢ $73.10K 1.300M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 693056 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 69770 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.