PV1 10.0% 3.3¢ provaris energy ltd

0.015 to fall today tomorrow, page-47

1. 3,089 Posts.
    halberd45, glad you mentioned Lynas (LYC) in Malaysia.

The reason I say this is because.........Mayanmar is a potentially losing situation multiplied by a factor of 100, when compared with Malaysia.

Seriously, I think some of you need to google human rights abuses, like I did yesterday afternoon.

You will get a real wake up call - and you should be able to work out that any small cap company walking into this nightmare, is going to put the whole future of the company at risk.

I goggled the following search:

"human rights abuses in oil and gas projects in Myanmar"

Now, I can feel some of you getting defensive already and will be saying "but that is all in the past".

Wrong. Very wrong.
    Be prepared to see reports from March and April 2013.
    Yes, the last two months.

You should get an international human rights organisation called 'earthrights.org' pop up. Check them out - I am guessing they are a UK or US based organisation - but apart from their 'inside info' listing all the abuses, you should be worried about the bits which say something like:

"companies operating here will be at reputational risk and legal risk"
    or somewhere else I remember seeing:
    "we will help local farmers to take legal action against international corporations abusing human rights" (or words to that effect)

Multinational corporations like BP (as one example - and think back to 'Deepwater Horizon' stuff up in the GOM) now have their own PR depts to handle just such incidents.

TTE - being a minnow - does not. It could suffer all of the bad publicity of a LYC, only more so, if human rights abuse occur anywhere near their worksites. Or, if workers and locals decide to take some sort of protest action.

Far from being a company making venture in Myanmar, it could turn out to be the exact opposite.

Someone who has the ear of TTE management needs to at least alert them to these issues.

Just because you never see these issues reported in an Aussie newspaper, does not mean they do not get reported in the US/UK/EU/Asia.

All of the above is my personal opinion only. It is said in concern for my investment in TTE. Please everyone, DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PV1 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.3¢
Change
0.003(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $18.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.3¢ 3.0¢ $6.045K 192.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 236617 3.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 69876 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.07am 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PV1 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.