0% clearance rate in brisbane

1. 190 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 16
    The APM auction clearance rate for Brisbane is in from this weekend. A mighty 0%.

http://domainmastheads.homepriceguide.com.au/saturday_auction_results/Brisbane.pdf

Two things that come to mind from this data:

1. There were only 11 properties up for auction in all of Brisbane (according to these statistics). If that is actually true, it is an abysmally low number of properties up for auction (although it does also mean that the data is less statistically significant than if it were a much higher number); and

2. Even if Real Estate Agents are not reporting auctions where the property didn't sell, it would not have any affect on the clearance rate (ie it would still be 0% even if in reality there were 50 properties that didn't sell - all it would mean is that the data is more statistically significant if there was a higher number).

Satirical remark: I am not concerned about these figures because my portfolio of 10 investment properties with interest only loans are all in good streets that are defying this trend and I heard over the back fence on the radio that was being played at my neighbours bbq that the suburbs where I hold my properties are defying the trends and are all up big $$$. I am going to buy another before I miss out and are forever condemned to renting and owning plasma televisions.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.